Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

The feeding frenzy has begun. My family spends the afternoon eating snacks. Everyone brings a new dip, cracker, cheese, weenie snack, specialty chip, or tortilla roll up to have taste tested. This year's favorite is the cheddar lil smokies wrapped in bacon and seasoned, followed by the lamb jerky sticks. It amazes me that my family can put away all of the offerings and still have room for the turkey, fixings and pies.The best part about the kids growing up and becoming adults is that they help out with the cooking, clean up and entertainment. I truly am grateful for this day.

I am grateful for my family and for my dear friends. I am grateful for board games and my daily "Words with Friends". I am grateful for my co-workers and for my students. I am grateful for Anna and her delicious pies. There are so many things to be grateful for, but nothing is as important as God's grace. Thank you Lord for the blessings that you have bestowed upon me and my family. We are grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment