Saturday, July 26, 2014

4 Summit Bike Challenge - Cascade, Idaho

Wow! Talk about athletes. Today more than 400 athletes showed up to ride in the challenge. It was amazing to talk to them and cheer them on. The 74 mile ride is intense and grueling, but the riders were smiling, joking and overall positive. Riders can choose to ride in an 8 mile family bike ride or to ride a 2 summit ride or 4 summit ride. This year was the fifth year for the ride and there was a practiced organization to the event. The "Head Goat's" truly had it all together. A few memorable quotes. "I can't believe I paid to do this!" "The reason we go up is to enjoy the ride down." "Can I get a fresh set of legs."
Riders, thank you for allowing me to celebrate with you and for you. I was humbled, inspired and motivated. I can't wait to volunteer again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment